As you know, the Ontario Government has announced that as of December 26th we are in a province wide lockdown.
We are happy to report that according to the Government’s regulations as well as the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario we are able to continue to provide treatments during this time. We will continue to follow all Covid-19 protocols as always and will continue to monitor the directives and updates as they become available and let you know if anything changes.
Just a reminder to our clients to complete the Covid-19 screening form 24 hours prior to your appointment for every appointment. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
Our cleaning practices align with the Infection Control Guidelines for Regulated Health Professionals. We were committed to surpass the guidelines before we closed and even more so with the new guidelines now that we are open.
The following procedures follow the requirements by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. (https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5994d3d53e00be933b530ec7/t/5ecfe5d4335938309dc62fed/1590683098888/CMTO+Practice+Guidance+for+Massage+Therapists.pdf)
We are committed to staying up to date daily with the coronavirus information specific to North Bay/Perry Sound Health Unit, the CMTO and the Ministry of Health.
What is different about our Center?
- Limited number of chairs in the waiting room
- Sneeze guard at the front desk
- Signage posted throughout clinic (hand washing, coughing etiquette, evidence-based ways to boost immunity, cleaning logs, etc.)
- 20 minutes between treatments to sanitize
- All linens (including blankets) will be washed and dried at high heat
- Vinyl pillow protectors have been added to all pillows/bolsters
- Sanitize/clean shared clinic space between clients with hospital grade disinfectant
- Sanitize/clean treatment room thoroughly between clients with hospital grade disinfectant
- Therapists will have designated clothing to change between treatments
- RMTs must wear surgical/procedure masks approved for medical use
- Clients must come to the appointment wearing a clean disposable or reusable mask to be worn throughout the treatment. Modifications can be done for special circumstances.
New Actions Required by Clients
- Screening TWICE: once with an email questionnaire sent 24hours before your appointment or done over the phone and once before your treatment using the Ministry of Health – COVID-19 Patient Screening Guidance Document health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/
- As per the Ministry of Health’s new screening protocol, if ANYONE in your household is exhibiting any symptoms everyone in the household must stay home. Please contact the office as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
- Limiting the number of clients in the waiting room to 2 at one time therefore please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your treatment.
- Please come alone for your treatment. Modifications will be made for attendants with proper notification.
- A clean cloth or disposable mask MUST be worn upon entering the center. If you do not come with one, a clean cloth mask will be available at no cost OR a disposable Procedure/Surgical mask will be available for purchase.
- Upon entering please put your keys, gloves and other hand held items in your pockets or hand bag before sanitizing or washing your hands.
- Clients will be directed to the sink at the end of the hall to wash their hands with soap and water before and after their treatment. A hand sanitizer station is also available in the waiting room upon entering.
- We ask that you bring your coats into the treatment rooms with you.
- Please avoid using cash of cheque. Preferred method of payment debit/credit tap if applicable or e-transfer to [email protected] to avoid using pin-pad. Receipts will only be offered through email at this time.
- If you have a change in your benefit plan, please email in advance to your appointment for us to update.
We will be waiving the cancellation fee at this time for clients who are unable to make their appointment due to illness; however we ask that if you are sick or showing signs of being sick to contact the clinic right away and we can cancel or reschedule your appointment. NO SHOWS or late appointments will still be charged in full so please contact us if you cannot keep your appointment. The charge for a late or missed appointment is not billable to insurance companies.
All therapists will have completed theses training resources:
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Core Competencies modules:
- IPAC Core Competencies: Additional Precautions
- IPAC Core Competencies: Administrative Controls
- IPAC Core Competencies: Chain of Transmission and Risk Assessment
- IPAC Core Competencies: Control of the Environment
- IPAC Core Competencies: Health Care Provider Controls
- IPAC Core Competencies: Occupational Health and Safety
- IPAC Core Competencies: Personal Risk Assessment (select all modules appropriate to your practice setting)
- Hand Hygiene E-Learning Tool
- View Public Health Ontario’s instructional videos.
- Hand Hygiene
- PPE – Facial Protection
- PPE – Gown and Gloves
Last updated: December 22nd 2020